iRobot Corporation ("we", “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is iRobot Corporation (a Delaware company) of 8 Crosby Drive, Bedford, Massachusetts, USA. Our UK branch office, which oversees all European and Middle East sales operations, is at 10 Greycoat Place, London SW1P 1SB and is registered in the UK under foreign company no. FC027058. (Branch no. BR009013).
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Glen Weinstein.
Robot & Data Security at iRobot
At iRobot, we take the security of our products very seriously. If you’re an iRobot customer, and you use our connected products, here is all the information you need to know about iRobot’s product security principles. Data Security
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.irobotcaribbean.com
(our ‘Site’). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, placing any order, posting material or requesting further services or other support. We may also ask you for additional information if or when we offer any competition, sweepstake or other promotion on the Site, or if you report a problem with our Site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders. If you place an order via our Site, the information collected will include (but may not be limited to) your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone numbers and credit/debit card details, including card number, expiration date, valid-from date and issue number.
· Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
· To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
· To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
· To speed up your searches.
· To recognise you when you return to our Site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service or offers, competitions or promotions, should you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
· To complete orders made by you, deal with enquiries made by you and to administer the iRobot website.
Provided you consent, we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. If you give your consent to such usage, you may withdraw it at any time.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products (and related services) similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means (as applicable) any subsidiaries, or any holding company and its subsidiaries, as each is defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In connection with the provision of services relating to our Site, including (without limitation) the provision of hosting and maintenance relating to the Site and processing, clearance and screening of any orders placed by you and any related payments and/or refunds.
· If iRobot Corporation or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and you will have the opportunity to opt out should you so wish. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you give your consent to any usage, you may withdraw it at any time.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
However, you can access, correct and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by clicking on "Manage Your Account" within the Help Desk area of the Site.